10 Verses to Overcome Anger
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Anger isn't fun. It isn't fun to be around angry people, and it certainly isn't fun to be filled with anger. I certainly try to avoid situations that make me angry, and I try to avoid people who are always angry. I have put together a few verses today that can help us aid our anger. These verses have touched my heart in many ways, and I pray that they touch yours as well. Enjoy.
1. "And 'don’t sin by letting anger control you.' Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry" Ephesians 4:26
A hot-tempered person starts fights; a cool-tempered person stops them." -Proverbs 15:18
4. "But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language." -Colossians 3:8
5. "People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness." -Proverbs 14:29
6. "A person without self-control
he Lord is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love." - Psalm 145:8
8. "Control your temper, for anger labels you a fool." -Ecclesiastes 7:9
9. "Short-tempered people do foolish things,
Sensible people control their temper;
Remember to allow yourself to cool down, and read the word of the Lord. These are only a few verses that can help, there are way more in the Bible. May the Lord bless you.