Hey wildcats! — you see what I did there (High School Musical) no? Okay then. Anyway, I have been up and moving all day, so I feel like I have tons of energy to spare. I cleaned my room while singing to some High School Musical tunes yesterday (don't judge me), and I still feel like I need to be moving.
Life has been hectic lately. With my ministries, school, filming, photo editing, and I have to try to be at least a bit social. With all that being said, it has been hard to keep creating. If you are a student than you understand the struggle. It's either social life or schoolwork, you just can't have both.
You know I always set apart time to do each thing, but I also have to make some time to spend time with Jesus! Without spending at least some time with Jesus my day feels incomplete.
We know that there are a few ways to spend time with Jesus. One of my favorites has to be prayer. Reading the Bible can be difficult for me at times, but I always have to remind myself that it is equally as important. I want to share 6 super awesome reasons as to why you should be reading your Bible right now! Let's begin!
1. IT CHALLENGES YOU: Let's face it! — reading the Bible can be a bit difficult. There are many parables that can easily be misinterpreted. Sometimes you have to re-read some of them until you finally understand. There have been times where I read something once through and receive a good word, and then in another occasion I read the same passage and receive a whole different message. It's a good kind of challenge.
2. IT'S A "BOOK WITH MANY BOOKS": Now if that doesn't sound cool enough then I don't know what does. There are many stories in ONE book. The most amazing part is that there is something in each book for everyone. Yes, even in numbers!
3. IT HELPS YOU DEFEAT THOSE GIANTS: We all know the story of David. He defeated His giant with a single slingshot and stone. He was small in comparison to his brother, yet he was the one that was used in the end to defeat Goliath. You too can defeat those giants that target you by gaining strength from the word of God.
4. IT'S BETTER THAN A GPS: Need direction for your life, then go to the Bible. It's not only the best GPS for our lives that will lead us on the best route — it is also more accurate than an actual GPS. The Bible will never take you the wrong way or loose signal and if it re-routes, it's actually a good thing.
5. SIN AND TEMPTATION DON'T STAND A CHANCE: Let's be honest, we are all tempted. Our temptations may differ, but temptation happens. Let me be even more honest with you and say it happens more than we would like sometimes, but the word of God can give us the strength to overcome all temptation. I'm serious! Your temptation may be strong, but the word of God is much stronger.
6. IT'S MESSAGE IS POWERFUL: The Bible shares a message of love and redemption. It shares a message of peace and forgiveness. It's message is powerful, in fact is it so powerful that it has managed to liberate the the drug addict, to change the angered, to heal the sick, and to provide hope for the lost.
Do you feel motivated to read your Bible knowing all of the great things it can do. It sounds super. All of this in one big book of books. How lovely is that! Next time you feel discouraged to read your Bible refer back to this list. It should get you motivated all over again. Let me know what you find super awesome about your Bible.
"For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. it exposes our innermost thoughts and desires."