20 Signs You've Found Yourself A Gentleman
Monday, April 6, 2015
Prince Charming has definitely made it difficult for every man to catch up. He is not only wise, sweet, and financially stable — but he also extremely handsome and dreamy. The amount of true gentlemen in this world has sadly decreased, but there are still men who deserve the title of a "gentleman". How do you know that you have found yourself a true gentleman? Well here is a list containing 20 characteristics that every true gentleman holds.
Although many women consider a gentleman to be someone who holds the door open and stands up when a woman leaves or enters a room, it goes way beyond that. (by the way, I don't believe chivalry is dead) I may not be a man expert, but I still have faith in the men of today.
1. He Respects ALL Women: A true gentleman not only respects his girlfriend, but he has respect for his mom, sisters, girl cousins, and even girl-friends. Yes men are allowed to have friends who are the female type, and he must treat them with respect as well.
2. Seeks Wisdom: Whether it be wisdom in school, wisdom in his spiritual life, or even that he seeks wisdom in his potential girlfriends. Gentlemen are always seeking wisdom.
3. Believes in Something: A true gentleman believes in things strongly. He is not conformed with believing in nothingness. They know what they believe and they stand by it.
4. Trusts/ Trust-worthy: He trusts you completely. He knows that you interact with other males and doesn't automatically assume that you are flirting or cheating on him. In the same way, you trust that even though he interacts with other women he is not planning to leave you.
5. Puts Effort Into the Relationship: A gentleman will try hard in any relationship. Whether it be to make an effort to call every once in a while, to send a goodnight or good-morning text, or to buy a single rose; He tries hard to make things work. But it goes beyond this he tries hard to make you happy, by listening and encouraging.
6. Will Never Ask You to Change: He will never make you do something you are uncomfortable doing.
7. Intelligent With His Finances: He does not spend his money mindlessly. Instead he is constantly thinking ahead on how he can save up.
8. Takes Care of Himself: Hygiene is extremely important to him. He loves taking care of himself, but of course he is not cocky or spending too much time in front of a mirror. He enjoys dressing up and smelling good.
9. Is Polite to All People: Whether it be helping the elderly or helping someone he may not be to fond of. Gentlemen always seeks to help those around him.
10. Avoids Foul Language: When someone (anyone) uses foul language after every word their attractive level drops down. Gentlemen have an actual vocabulary.
11. Makes Polite Conversation: He is talkative and makes polite conversation whether it be with men, women, parents, your parents, or complete strangers. A gentleman is always making polite conversation with those around him.
12. Stands Up for His Beliefs and For Himself: This one is correlated with number 3. A true gentlemen knows what he believes in, and he stands up for his beliefs without putting other people down. He is aware that not everyone agrees with the same things, but he stands his ground.
13. Knows When to Speak, and Keep to Himself: A true gentleman knows that it is important to stand up for his beliefs, but he also understands limits. He isn't looking for an argument, he is simply looking to get his point across.
14. Chivalrous: Chivalry is not dead, even though many claim it to be. I still see men opening doors for women. I still see men coming to the door instead of honking for a woman to get out of the house. It is not overdone, but it is still alive.
15. Works Hard to Improve Himself: A true gentleman is always looking for ways to improve himself. He lands a great job, and he still searching for ways to give his 110%.
16. Has Goals: He is not conformed with not knowing where he is headed. On the contrary he has a clear vision, and he is taking every step possible to achieve them.
17. Honest: He is completely honest whether it be that he is honest with his parents or in the relationship. A true gentleman does not believe in lying.
18. Tries Hard to Make Good First Impressions: What do you think landed him that great job title, or those amazing grades. What do you think captured your parents attention about him. A true gentleman believes that first impressions are key. They dress to impress and have their most chivalrous smile.
19. Hardworking: He works hard in his job, in his studies, and he even works hard to help his parents or siblings.
20. Knows What He Wants: A true gentleman knows what he wants. He knows what he wants in life, and he knows what he wants in women. There is no in between, for him it is always a yes or no.
Was that a long list? Although this list was for the true gentleman, I still believe that men are human, and like any other human they have flaws. With that being said, I am not against men. This list is not a sum up of an unattainable man from a woman's point of view, although it may seem like it, it is just what I believe makes a true gentlemen in my point of view. Does your significant other have any of the above characteristics? If he does, then great job on finding yourself a gentleman.
I also believe that a man who loves Jesus Christ more than me or anyone else is a true sign of the perfect gentleman. As a Christian I would want my signifiant other to guide me closer to Christ every single day. If you still do not have anyone, don't fret, all thing happen at God's timing.
What characteristic do you think your true gentleman should have?