Happy Friday family! It is that time of the week again when we get to put our feet up and relax, that is of course unless you are studying as hard as you can because finals week is next week. Let's be honest life is stressful. It's stressful as a student, it's stressful as a parent, it's stressful as a human! So what can we do to overcome this stressful thing called life? Well many of us can just lay down and choose to do absolutely nothing, (Me), or we can choose to do something about it and de-stress so we can get going with our daily schedule.
I want to share a few tips that have helped me de-stress many times. I hope these can help you as you encounter your daily, weekly, or monthly stresses.
1. Exercise: Exercise is a good way to relax. have you ever done a tough workout and then felt the need to lay down and relax? Exercise makes you feel good about yourself, and it relaxes your body. It will definitely help you keep your mind off of things that are stressing you out.
2. Drink Green Tea: Indulging into green tea is a great way to relax. It is said that green tea is a great way to relax. It is also better than coffee.
3. Dive Into Your Hobby: I have found that my hobby does a great thing at relaxing me. It not only makes me feel great, but it helps me get my mind off of stressful things while enjoying what I'm most passionate about.
4. Create a Schedule: It is important to create a set schedule for yourself. Especially if you have to encounter various tasks throughout the day. Setting a schedule has helped me balance my school work and my online work. You will be surprised to see how wonderful it feels to know that everything is set for the day.
5. Write it Out: Writing your thoughts and feelings out on paper can help tremendously. Sometimes what we want is to say it out loud. There have been many times where I write out what I'm stressing over and then I feel a lot better about it.
6. Snack on Healthier Foods: Sometimes we gravitate towards junk food because it tastes better and it is the easiest thing to grab, but you will find that by snacking on healthier alternatives your mood will change drastically.
7. Disconnect: It has been proven that the more we are on social media the more depressed we can get. I am not sure about you guys but there are days where I don't want to be online. It is okay to turn off your phone for a few hours and go outside. You will find that by doing so you will feel more at ease with yourself and with your schedule. Take a break from your task and reenergize yourself.
Now keep your chin up and keep moving forward. Know that whatever may be stressing you out can not and should not control you. Do not allow it to take over your mind completely and remember to take each day at a time. Have a wonderful weekend family.