5 Hair Myths You Have to Stop Believing
Monday, November 16, 2015
Hello World! I know I know, it seems as though I have disappeared off the face of the earth. Truth is, everyone gets a little uninspired at times. Where have I been? Reflecting. I know I haven't posted in months, but to be completely honest I am not sorry. This blog has always been something I'm passionate about, and I never want it to be something I do just because. With that being said, I never want to post meaningless posts just because I want content.
Besides that, I have also been brainstorming. Coming up with new ideas to take this lovely blog to the next level, so keep an eye out for new content in the upcoming months and brand new changes. First things first, what do you think of the new design? Thought it was time for a change around here. Hope you all love it as much as I do.
Well anyways, back to the real reason why you are reading this post. I thought I would shed some light on some hair myths we seriously need to stop believing. Now I am no expert, but I have done my research, and I have found a few myths that I myself believed for so long. It's time to stop believing these lies!
1. Shampoo, Rinse, Repeat: How often do we read that we must shampoo our hair twice? Till this day I still repeat because I feel like repeating assures me that my hair is indeed clean. However, this is false to a certain extent. If you use a lot of product in your hair, you should repeat, but in every other case there is no need. Certain shampoos can easily irritate your scalp and can eventually cause breakage. Also this is why we run out of shampoo quicker than we do conditioner.
2. Washing Your Hair Daily Will Damage Your Hair: This all depends on what kind of shampoo you are using. When you use the correct product the result could be shiny and healthy hair. However, no matter what anyone says I will always enjoy my 2nd day hair better than recently washed hair. #LiterallyJustWokeUpLikeThis
3. Constant Trimming Will Quicken Hair Growth: I was baffled when I read into this one, but it is not true folks! Truth is, hair growth is determined by our roots not our ends. So in order to make your hair grow faster and longer you need to be taking care of your roots. This one makes a lot sense! Obviously split ends are a different story, which brings us to our next myth...
4. Certain Products Can Eliminate Split Ends: Products can not eliminate our split ends. Truth is these products only help them stay together until our next wash. In order to fully eliminate split ends, they must be trimmed.
5. After a While Your Hair Will Get Used to Your Shampoo: This is a lie! Your shampoo will always continue to do it's job no matter how long you use it! So if you love it, continue to use it until your little heart desires! I, however, love to try new products, so I will continue to change it up every once in a while.
There you have it. The 5 biggest hair myths we all need to stop believing. I never thought any of these myths would be myths! Which myth is the hardest to believe? For me it's definitely 2 and 3. Also do you know of any other myths that were not mentioned in this list! Please share them. It's time we spread the truth!