9 Verses for the Doubtful Heart
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
A few weeks ago I received some heartbreaking news concerning someone very close to me, then I received some more news concerning my home. Around the same time, I felt as if everything was falling apart, and I was battling thoughts of loneliness.
It was not the best time of my life, and I would be lying if I said that my heart was not filled with doubt. For a second I questioned my current situation, and I doubted any sort of escape. I realized that doubting in God would certainly not be the answer, it was only tearing me apart even more.
I searched for the Lord's presence even deeper, and I dove into the Word of God. The Lord truly proved to me that trusting in Him would be the absolute best.
It is in times like these that we must be willing to trust in the Lord the most. I was finding that my own doubt was creating guilt. I felt guilty for doubting in the power of God, and therefore never asked for His help. Doubt is harmful, and that is why we must stop it in it's tracks.
Here are a few verses that really helped me through this difficult time in my life.
1. Mark 11:23: "I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart."
2. Isaiah 41:10: "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
3. Matthew 21:21: "And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen."
4. Proverbs 3:5: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."
5. 2 Timothy 1:7: "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
6. John 14:1: "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me."
7. Psalm 50:15: "And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
8. James 1:6-7: "
9. Habakkuk 2:3: "This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.