If you are anything like me, you love some good advice. You love giving advice, but most importantly you love to receive advice. Ever since the engagement, Martin and I have been getting tons of marital advice from our brothers and sisters from church. Sometimes though I like to dig deep and see what kind of advice God has for me.
I have compiled a list of verses that have touched my heart. I have accepted these verses as direct advice from the Lord, and I hope you do too. So, lets dive in.
1. Love One Another: "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."-1 John 4:7-8
2. Live In Harmony: "Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace." -Ephesians 4:2-3
3. Let No One Separate You: "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." -Mark 10:9
4. With God, Nothing Will Come In Between: "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." - Ecclesiastes 4:12
5. Trust in His Strength: "For I know the plans I have for you, 'Declare The Lord,' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11
6. Be Noble: "A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones."-Proverbs 12:4
7. Remain Faithful: "You cry out, “Why doesn’t the accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows." -Malachi 2:14-15
8. The Husband is the Head of the Household: "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church." - Ephesians 5:23, 24. 32
9. This is True Love: "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
10. Husbands, Love Your Wives: "In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church"- Ephesians 5:28-29
11. Two Become One: "and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh." -Mark 10:8
12. Wives, Respect Your Husbands:"
13. Live in an Understanding Way: "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered."-1 Peter 3:7
Advice is lovely, and it is especially lovely when it is coming from God. If you are getting married soon, I encourage you to look even deeper into the Word of God for any sort of advice you may need.
I hope these 13 verses encouraged you as much as they have encouraged me.
Do you have any verses you want to share with me that I may have missed, Please share them down below.